Follow by Email

Sunday, July 1, 2012

A Fantastic Meal at Chez Nous in Lee, Massachusetts


With our guests keeping us happily busy, we don't always get to enjoy a great meal out.  Last night was one of those rare weekend nights when everything comes together, and we can enjoy a sampling of all the Berkshires has to offer.  Our dinner at Chez Nous was a wonderful treat.  Chez Nous has long been on my short list of restaurants to dine at.  While their reputation for consistently great food is surely well-earned, long time guests of the Inn at Silver Maple Farm, KC and Paul, relish visiting Chez Nous every year during their annual weekend with us and always rave about their wonderful meals during breakfast the next morning.  I am glad I finally got a chance to enjoy this delightful dining experience.  My companion and I sat in one of the romantic yet unpretentious dining rooms, although there is also outside seating.  We arrived about ten minutes earlier than our reservation, however, our table was ready and the wait staff was very friendly.  They were even able to provide a pair of "readers" for my companion who forgot his glasses and was having trouble reading the menu.  I enjoyed the salmon which was fresh and expertly prepared, while my companion feasted on the tender and tasty scallops.  We finished our meal with the incredibly delectable Lemon-Lavender Posset (pictured).  This is the kind of dessert that life is really too short to miss.  Before leaving I thanked the owner Rachel who had stopped by our table during our meal.  While chatting I learned that she and her husband had been guests of Silver Maple Farm a few years ago!  All in all, it was a lovely evening out, and I will be looking forward to my next dinner at Chez Nous

No comments:

Post a Comment